Whether you’re an enthusiastic amateur or an elite professional, an osteopath can help with the prevention and treatment of common sporting injuries, such as:
– low back pain (with or without sciatica).
– muscle and ligament injuries.
– knee pain (including lack of mobility and degenerative conditions).
– shoulder, elbow and wrist injuries.
– foot and ankle complaints.
You might also commonly suffer from
– reduced joint flexibility (e.g. suffered by golfers who can’t rotate as well as they used to).
– mechanical limitations (e.g. suffered by gymnasts having difficulty in doing full “splits”).
Furthermore, you can suffer from Injuries caused by simple overuse, such as tennis and golfer’s elbow, jumper’s knee, tenosynovitis and tendonitis.
Osteopathy can help with all of these problems, by making sure that all the elements of the musculo-skeletal system work together and making sure that the whole mechanism is adapted to the strains you are putting on it. We can identify the causes of dysfunction and then treat the problems that occur due to wear-and-tear, poor posture, injury or stress. We would examine and treat, and may suggest exercises or changes to lifestyle, all of which will is aimed at improving the musculo-skeletal system so that it and other systems can all function together at peak efficiency.